About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Here's another "If I can do it you can too" Moment

Wow - the first one was huge, the moment that is.

The moment when I realized I was no longer the selfish, mean, do anything to anybody to get what I wanted kind of person. (for more on that story just read some of my past blog posts) and as my cousin says "are you sure your still allowed to live in this state. lol"

That change in my life was monumental and probably the biggest that will ever occur. But then again maybe not, this current metamorphosis has to do with my physical change, not my mental change. And without your health first, I guess you really have nothing.



You see a few months ago I went in for my 50 year tune up (physical) and I was pretty sure what the doc was going to tell me. Even back a few weeks before that I was out shopping for some new jeans and I just couldn't make it work. I have consistently been going up in size over the years and when I got to this latest benchmark the answer was - no way, Jose.

Anyhow back to the doctors appointment. When I stepped on the scales I was heavier than I have ever been before and over 50 pounds heavier than the day I got married. I have some health issues that have been affected because of my weight and the doc says - "Jim, its time to loose that 25 lbs we've been talking about".

Whew, ok I get it but how in the world am I going to do that? I'm a class A certified junk food junkie who works from home and scavenges the fridge and cubbards every other hour. And trust me, there's nothing good going in. I've tried the gym, you kill yourself on the treadmill for an hour, four days a week for six months straight and you lose maybe three pounds.

I knew it was time for drastic measures, I knew it was time to ask for help, I knew the eating had to change and that's when I called for help. Praise God I made the right call this time.

I'm happy to report that I'm only two months into the journey at this point and I'm down over 20 pounds and feeling the best I have in ages, the best part is that I've just recently hit the gym for the first time.

In the past I've quit smoking, quit drinking and literally changed my lifestyle but I never thought I could pull this off and I consider myself very strong mentally.

How you ask? We'll get to that next time around. I'm off to the gym for the second time in this journey and actually enjoying that too.

Check back next week and at some point I'll share the secret to my success.










No comments:

Post a Comment