About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

How Much Time Do We Really Have

I've heard that time is our most valuable commodity and for the most part I guess I would agree. It's funny though because time after time I hear people say, I just don't have time for that, I'm guilty of it myself. I guess we all assume that time is infinite here on earth and that we'll get to that special task or things that are important to us, "someday".



The older I get the more I realize that even if everything goes right that my time is getting shorter. It makes me more aware of what I'm spending my time on and what is really important to me. After all, tomorrow isn't promised.

Hence some of the changes I've decided to make recently. When I think about time I ultimately come back to "quality time" because its very easy to spend time doing whats not necessary or even enjoyable. The more I think about it, the more I believe it really comes down to "healthy time". I mean, you could give me another 100 years, but if I'm not healthy is it really going to be time you want to spend?

And then there is my biggest thought, they tell us to work 45 years of our life and pinch and save so you have something when you "retire" for when you actually have time to do the things you want to do. I don't know about you but if I have to wait until I'm 65 or 70 to start enjoying life, I dag gone want to make sure I'm healthy to do it.

What about you, what do you think? Will you be healthy enough to enjoy your retirement?

My thought was that it was time to find a way to finally get healthy and to maybe create some more time to enjoy it and today I'm counting my blessings because I believe I may be on the right track.

Believe it or not, I believe I may have actually found a way to do both. (more next time)






No comments:

Post a Comment