About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Friday, May 25, 2012

Thank You Veterans

Happy Memorial Day everyone - I was traveling today and needed to stop for gas. As I was fillling up I looked to the gentleman gassing up beside me and he had a Marine Corps hat on. I asked him if he had served and he said yes. I quickly thanked him and he responded with a nod. If I had to guess he was probably 15-20 years older than me and the thought ocurred to me that if it weren't for him, I might not be standing here today.
As he thanked me for thanking him I responed with my thought and I told him -you're welcome, if it weren't for you I might not be here today. He got a large smile and had that look of pride on his face as if it was something that he hadn't thought about for a while.
How true is it - God put us here on earth for a purpose and it if wasn't for the brave men and women that have fought and served and died for our country, our purpose could have turned out to be completely different, or not at all. I ask that you not only thank these brave souls when you see them but I challenge you this weekend to seek them out and let them know that you are thankful for their sacrifices. It will not only make them feel better, but I bet you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment