About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What would you change?

You know I've been thinking a lot about time lately.  We wake up every day and we go through the motions we call our life and I stop and wonder - Is this really worth my time?

How about you, are the things you're doing with your time today, really what you want to be doing?

Don't get me wrong, God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and great kids and now a grand child and I wouldn't change any of that. It's all the other crap that I squeeze into a day that I'm talking about.

Like going to work, oh yeah now that's on the top of my priority list. And again, don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for the opportunities I have and for the most part I enjoy what I do but anytime you have to do something when you would rather be doing something else, well, you know.

And why do we do that, so we can turn around and just give it all away to someone else. Mortgage, car payments, cell phone bills, insurance, oh yeah TAXES. Sorry, I'm not writing this to depress you, I'm sharing my thoughts today to give you hope.

I know there are days when I can't even begin to see the end of the tunnel and I wonder why I'm spending my time doing what I'm doing. I used to call it "The Rut". You know the rut, once you get your wheels down in there its hard to get out. You keep trying to steer your way out of it but it keeps sucking you back in.

Many times we are stuck in that rut because we are victims of our own upbringings, We do what we've been taught to do and are sometimes afraid to venture out. Maybe we listen to outside influences who just love to tell you - "that will never work" and we let our own brain take over and guide us away from our true desires.

What would you change about your life today if you could? 

I know I rarely think about it either because I'm so busy doing what I'm doing, yet I am truly not happy doing it. Does anybody else feel this way or am I really just a wacko like I spoke about a few posts ago.

I dare you to stop today and think about what you would really like to do with your life rather than what you are.

Maybe a new job
More time with your family, heck maybe more time away from your family. (sometimes you can't pick them)
How about a vacation
Maybe some extra money to pay the bills
Maybe you would volunteer your time to help others

I don't know because its your life. I know I would love to have more time to spend with my family and have some time to help others. Anyway, I heard a story once about time and they related it to marbles in a jar. This guy figures out that the average life span is around 75 years so he goes and breaks that down into weeks. So you take 75 years x 52 weeks in a year and you get 3900. So off he goes to buy 3900 marbles that he wants to put in a jar so he can take one marble out a week to track how much time he has left in his life. (I think he was the wacko) But then he stops and realizes that he is already 40 years old so he's already lost a lot of his marbles. He does some more math and decides that he needs to buy 1820 marbles. Well this in itself was an eye opener because he was well on his way to being out of marbles. So each Saturday after that he began to remove 1 marble from his jar. But this guy was really busy working two jobs to try and support his family, then he had the yard to mow, bills to pay, he was a volunteer fireman, the cat was always sick and had to go to the vet, until one day the guy looked in his jar and there were only 100 marbles left. You see, time had slipped away on him and he was now facing the grim reality that his time was short but he had never really lived because he was so busy going through the motions that Life can demand.

I know you're still waiting on the Hope part. Trust me, its there if you want it. The first thing you have to do however is think about what you really want out of Life, then you need to decide if what you want is worth chasing after. You know, doing something more that you already do, to make a change.

Another quote I heard was ""that most of us work harder to fail, than we would have to, to succeed"

Think about that and if you really want more hope, let me know, I can point the way.

Life can be good

No comments:

Post a Comment