About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Believe You Can

Do you?

I know - you have to see it to believe it, that's what the masses say.

What do you think might happen if you change it to - If you believe it, you'll see it?

So here we are, a month into the new year and I woke up this morning reflecting on my goals or resolutions for 2013. I consider myself very fortunate to work with several organizations that believe in training and daily motivation. Their efforts combined with mine keep me focused and heading towards my goals.

The bottom line is that first, you really want to achieve what you say you do. Then you have to believe that you can do it and after that you have to do the work. Easy right?

I guess the next question then is how do you stay motivated? Its so easy to get caught up in your days routine and get off track. There are also a hundred outside influences that can slow you down too. The dog gets sick, oh its so cold out today, but my favorite TV show is on. You get the picture.

If you're not in a position where the people you're around on a daily basis are helping you along then you need to make a plan to keep yourself moving. After all, the time is going to go by and the last thing you want is to see another year go by without reaching those goals.

One of the things that has helped me the most over the years is to create what I call P.A.P. pages. Their short little notes that you can put everywhere that you read out loud to yourself several times a day. I know, sounds all twilight zoney, but  they do work.

These days I actually keep them in the notes section of my phone because lets face it, we're never far from it. I open them up two or three times a day and read them out loud. The out loud part is important because we learn quicker that way or to put it another way - we will believe it more. The idea is to tell yourself what you want to hear (not what other people want you to hear) enough times until you believe it to be true, then the effort part is easy.

Here's an example of one of mine, keep it short and to the point:

God is great
My family rocks
I love helping others
My business is growing every day
Etc
Etc

Keep it personal, I don't know your goals or what drives you, only you know what sets you on fire.

I couple other things I do are to make signs and hang them where I'll see them. Put slogans on them that move you. One of my favorites is a quote from Zig Ziglar that reads:

I'm happy, healthy, wealthy and wise. I'm in charge and energized.

How can you not stay moving after telling yourself that a few times a day?

I'll leave you with one more and this is scripture from the Bible. And please don't let it scare you if you're not a believer. The Bible is actually the greatest book on success ever written. It will motivate you and set you free, but it goes like this.

Seek and you will find (get out there and talk to people)

Knock and the door will be open (don't be afraid to try new things)

Ask and you shall receive (ask for the business or the date or whatever you're looking for and most times you'll get it)

If you remember these words of wisdom as you go through you're day you cannot fail.

Well, there you have it, my thoughts for the day. I certainly believe you can accomplish whatever you want to in life, do you?






No comments:

Post a Comment