About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Schooling vs. Education

By Zig Ziglar

My Executive Assistant, Laurie Magers, has worked with me for thirty-five years as of June 27, 2012.  Although her formal education ended with the tenth grade, Laurie is far more educated and competent than any college graduate I have ever had in that position.  Here’s why.
Laurie clearly understands that you can finish school—and, incidentally, she encourages everyone to do exactly that—but you never finish your education.  You can make school easy; that’s not true with education.  Many times it’s very difficult and it is a lifetime project.
Laurie keeps her dictionary handy, reads a lot of exceptionally good material, attends seminars, is a student of human nature and learns constantly.  The result is significant.  When anyone on our staff has a question about grammar or punctuation, they go to Laurie and get her input.  Several years ago we conducted an evaluation of our key employees, and Laurie graded out at slightly above the Master’s Degree level.  The exciting thing is that she has not really done anything that’s not available to most people who will be reading this column.
The neat thing about America is that if you are reading this article you can get a brilliant education for no more than the cost of getting back and forth from the library.  You can read the world’s great authors in the library itself, or you can check the books out and take them home.  Commitment, persistence, and a plan of action will provide you with the education you need to climb much higher on the success ladder.
The message I’m communicating should be quite clear: Don’t let a lack of schooling be an excuse for not getting an education.  I can assure you it will affect your personal life, your family life and your career.  So, get that education and I’ll SEE YOU AT THE TOP!

Zig Ziglar is known as America’s motivator.   He is the author of 31 books .  Check out his new book, Born to Win

Article courtesy of: Zig Ziglar Newsletter

You can also get other great books and LIFE changing information online at:  LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment