About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog - My name is Jim Bull and I share this information with you in the hopes of helping you or a friend or family member in some way. Here you'll find motivational material, my views of life and some background info from my past. I help others live the life they've always wanted through the sharing of information regarding all areas of life.Please let me know how I can help you. Ezekiel 36:26

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Independence Day

What does it mean to you?



Is it hot dogs and fireworks? Is it an extra paid day off work? Maybe a party at your Aunt Dee's house?

Have you ever really thought about it and even scarier yet do our children know it as anything other than the 4th of July?

To me it means freedom, the right to choose, a day to celebrate all those that have fought and died for our country. I'm not in favor of illegal immigrants coming to our country, but have you ever thought about it this way? I heard this recently on an audio I listened too and it made me really think.

What is it that we have here that a person would be willing to float in shark infested waters on a rubber raft for, or risk getting shot by climbing a security fence. Maybe crawl into a ships hold with 100's of others and risk death and disease just to get to this country?





I would guess in today's political society that those folks have even more incentive. Obviously the tilt today is in entitlements and helping outsiders before our own. But what about 25 or 50 years ago, why did they flock to this great place we call America?

The even bigger question is, why do we as Americans take it for granted? Our society has gotten so far away from its roots and foundings that its just natural for us to assume we will be taken care of. We complain when others take our jobs because they will work for less, we allow our government to tax us to death yet we won't go out to the voting booth to make a difference, we wonder how criminals could ever commit these horrific acts of violence, yet we have removed God from all our teachings and we sit at home and watch TV because we don't feel we can make a difference.

I know many of you want to make a difference, I know I do. Sometimes I believe however that we just don't know how. What if you could make a difference - would you want to?


What if there was a way that you could get involved and make a real impact in our country's direction? It won't happen overnight, but there is a solution.

I challenge you on this firework watching, hamburg eating, day off celebration to really think about the future, about your kids and grand kids future, about what the next 250 years will bring.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy your day off work and if you really want to make a difference, let me know.

Happy 4th Everybody.











No comments:

Post a Comment